The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014
In a recent Forrester survey, technology execs and decision-makers ranked data-related projects at the top of their list for importance and investment. Why? Companies seek deeper insights from the massive amount of data at their disposal but estimate that they are analyzing only 12% of the data that they already have, leaving 88% of it on the cutting-room floor. “Hadoop has made it possible for enterprises to capture, store, and analyze data in a much more cost-effective way,” writes Principal Analyst Mike Gualtieri.
Based on a 32-criteria evaluation, Gualtieri examined the nine most significant providers of big data Hadoop solutions in his new report, “The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014.” Amazon Web Services, Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, MapR Technologies, Pivotal Software, and Teradata are named Leaders, while the remaining two vendors (Intel and Microsoft) are named Strong Performers.
Learn more about this Forrester Wave evaluation here.