A new report (Generative AI Prompts Productivity, Imagination, And Innovation In The Enterprise) finds that generative AI can augment and enhance existing business processes in ways that were previously impossible.
Forrester defines “generative AI” as: “A set of technologies and techniques that leverage massive corpuses of data, including large language models, to generate new content (e.g., text, video, images, audio, code). Inputs may be natural language prompts or other non-code and non-traditional inputs.”
While generative AI applications are still emerging, enterprises can no longer ignore or downplay its impact. In the short term, enterprises should start exploring generative AI use cases immediately, focusing on existing processes that can be enhanced by these technologies. These include:
- Accelerating visual designers’ workflows to give their teams more flexibility. While many are familiar with text-to-image generators like DALL-E or Midjourney, professional creatives who use generative AI are using it as a part of their workflows to enhance the speed of iterations and ideations.
- Giving marketers more creative power while automating difficult tasks. Generative AI can give marketers the power to generate massive sets of content that consistently speak in a brand voice and engages customers. In the future, marketers will use generative AI to quickly generate multiple content pieces from a single source.
- Providing new defense opportunities for security professionals. For example, generative AI can be used to create biometric data for penetration testing. Large language models can also be used to review and analyze email content to detect phishing or other social-engineering attacks.
To access this research or arrange an interview with a Forrester analyst, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Forrester’s AI research and thought leadership:
- Generative AI Needs Design And Will Transform It
- Generative AI, Like ChatGPT, Won’t Destroy Creativity. It’ll Save It.
- Beware Of “Coherent Nonsense” When Implementing Generative AI
- Watch Out For TuringBots: A New Generation Of Software Development
- The Role Of Synthetic Data In Expanding AI
- Predictions 2023: AI Will Become An Indispensable, Trusted Enterprise Coworker
- Prepare For AI That Learns To Code Your Enterprise Applications (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
Reports (client access required)