WHAT: Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) Services & Sourcing Forum: Sourcing Effectively: Making The Right Short-Term And Long-Term Tradeoffs
The recession has taken its toll on Sourcing & Vendor Management professionals, forcing many to make tradeoffs they would not typically make in the name of short-term survival. But drastic cost-cutting decisions could lead to implications that could hamper their organization long term.
After the downturn, sourcing and vendor management’s role will be more crucial than ever for firms trying to protect their futures. Procurement executives are negotiating the contracts for products and services that their companies will use when the economy turns around – and it’s critical those agreements don’t become anchors as company goals change.
Forrester’s Services & Sourcing Forum 2009 will empower Sourcing & Vendor Management professionals, CIOs, and other business executives involved in procurement decisions to learn the services, sourcing, and vendor strategies that will enable their companies to emerge from this recession as a leader, not merely a survivor.
WHEN: October 6-7, 2009
Marriott Downtown Chicago Magnificent Mile
540 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
WHO: In addition to Forrester’s top thought leaders on trends affecting Sourcing & Vendor Management professionals, Forrester’s Services & Sourcing Forum 2009 will include the following featured industry speakers:
- Mark Bramfitt, Principal Program Manager, Customer Energy Efficiency, Pacific Gas and Electric
- Tim Harr, Director of Information Systems, Nordson Corporation
- Dave Higham, Director, Vendor Management Services, Russell
- Wayne Jones, Vice President, Infrastructure Services, International Flavors & Fragrances
- Linda Lannen, Vice President, Global IT Infrastructure Services, MWH Global, Inc.
- Devajit (Dev) Mukherjee, Senior Vice President and President, Toys and Seasonal Business Unit, Sears Holdings Corporation
- Jonathan Pettus, Director, NASA Marshall Center’s Office of the Chief Information Officer, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
The Forum offers four in-depth tracks that will provide direction to Sourcing & Vendor Management professionals across the sourcing life cycle. Attendees will have the opportunity to schedule One-On-One Meetings with Forrester analysts and to network with peers. Ten sponsors – including gold sponsors MexicoIT and NIIT Technologies — will share their solutions in a technology showcase. Attendees can also register to attend the preconference Workshop “Outsourcing And Offshoring IT Infrastructure Services.”
CONTACT: Attendees who register for Services & Sourcing Forum and Forrester’s Business Technology Forum , October 8-9, 2009, in Chicago, will be eligible for a discount. Please see complete Event information at: Services & Sourcing Forum 2009.