NRF Key Takeaways
A few key thoughts about the recent NRF Big Show in NYC last week:
1. It was big – over 15,000 attendees, which puts it back in the realm of record years of 2007 and 2008.
2. It was optimistic – conversations were rampant about "How can I get up and running on the projects I put on hold last year?" Attendees were very interested in making investments to grow their businesses, not just get through the slowdown.
3. It was forward-looking – attendees and presentations talked about the future, not about the past (very typical of retail in my experience).
- Social – all about engaging the customer, employing their voice to drive your business
- Mobile – mostly in the context of marketing, loyalty programs, payments and security
- Multichannel – as always, integration, integration, integration.
The great news is that we in the Marketing Strategry Group at Forrester have outlined the key themes for 2010:
• Invest in social media now for long-term benefits
• Everyone needs a mobile strategy in 2010
• Get serious about building multichannel customer relationships
Specifically in eBusiness we will include additional reports on other key topics –