Help Us Benchmark “Mobile Maturity” — Take Part In Our Survey And Get A Free Executive Summary
Like my colleagues who serve Interactive Marketing professionals and are working on a study to benchmark social media maturity in organizations, we’re also conducting a new research project to benchmark how companies define and implement their mobile consumer approach.
Taking a step back, mobile phones have changed the way we live and communicate in the past 10 years. They’ve had a deep effect on society. At Forrester, we believe they’ll change the way companies do business in the next 10 years. Back in 2007, the iPhone created a market catalyst, not only in the way consumers use and perceive mobile phones but also in the way companies engage with their customers in the mobile environment. Since then, a growing number of companies have launched a mobile consumer presence and started to define a road map for their mobile products and services. Some of them are still testing and learning, while many companies are starting to integrate mobile in their corporate strategies, and others have already created dedicated mobile business units and plan to generate millions of €/$ per month in direct revenues. They follow different objectives — whether building brand loyalty, delivering added-value services in a multichannel experience, reducing costs, or acquiring new customers.
However, we’re not talking as much about the opportunity mobile presents here, rather we’re trying to determine the current reality of practitioners. Planning and organizing for the use of mobile technologies is a complex task. Some players are laggards and think that they still need to get the basics of their online presence right, while others are clearly ahead of the curve. Yet, the one question we consistently get is: “Where is my organization compared with others in the use of mobile?” We want to benchmark these companies to see if we can answer questions like:
We want to benchmark these companies to see if we can answer questions like:
How do you define mobile maturity, and why is it important to get there?
Which companies are ahead of the curve in defining and/or implementing their mobile consumer approach?
What have been the biggest drivers of success?
What are the biggest challenges?
- What steps do most organizations need to take and why?
Here’s how you can help:
- If you’re in charge of your company's mobile consumer initiative or if you’re familiar with it, then please take this survey. Click here to start the short questionnaire.
- If you’re not familiar with your company’s mobile consumer approach, please forward this survey to the relevant colleagues who are in charge of defining or implementing your mobile consumer approach.
- The survey takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
- The survey will be live until July 15th
- Responses will be kept strictly confidential and only published in an aggregated and anonymous manner.
- For your efforts, we will share a free executive summary of the survey results.
We want to hear from you, so please, share your thoughts.