Get ready for the ultra-connected customer to upturn marketing in 2013
Are you thinking hard about what you should be on the lookout for as a marketer in 2013? We think it will be a transformative year. Here’s why.
The biggest change we see underway is the amazingly rapid increase in the number of people who access the Internet multiple times a day, from multiple locations, with at least three devices. They’re ultra-connected and always addressable, and by the end of 2012, these perpetually connected customers already made up 42% of online adults in the US and 37% in Europe, up from much less than that just a year before. By the end of 2013, we predict that almost half of online adults globally will join this revolution.
As a marketer facing this surge of perpetually connected customers, you need to seize the opportunity and:
- Master multichannel marketing now more than ever.
- Make ads more personal, but stop short of creepy.
- Get smart about what happens before the last click.
- Learn about new, exotic breeds of marketing tech vendors.
- Rethink how you work with other functions and outside agencies.
For more specifics about what we mean by these recommendations and what we believe this year has in store for marketers, read our February 11th "2013 Interactive Marketing Predictions" report. And let us know what you think, will you?