My mission at Forrester is to help ebusiness executives transform the role of payments from financial utility into an engine for customer engagement, revenue growth and improved customer experience.
A barrage of new innovation and business models are upending how consumers and businesses make and receive payments. If merchants and businesses do not consider or implement these new innovations they risk losing customers and ultimately relevancy.
Customer obsessed businesses can turn payments disruption into business advantage. Success hinges on making technological and organizational shifts that turn the view of payments from customer transactions to an engine for customer growth.
Businesses must consider the following challenges if they want to turn payments into customer advantage:
- Embrace mobile and emerging payments
- Gain more customer relevancy through collected payment data
- Provide new tailored customer experiences and services based at point of purchase
- Reduce risk and secure the shopping experience from data compromise and fraud
- Leverage payments for operational advantages
My role will be focused on how to make payments more operative and strategic through the lens of “Transforming the Customer Experience,” “Accelerating Your Digital Business,” “Embracing the Mobile Mind shift,” “Turning Data into Customer Insights.” I look forward to expanding the aperture of these topics and working with you to transform the role of payments in your organization.