What Is Your Customer Analytics Persona?
Buy analytics software, hire marketing scientists, and engage analytics consultants. Now wait for the magic of customer analytics to happen. Right?
Wrong. Building a successful customer analytics capability involves careful orchestration of several capabilities and requires customer insights (CI) professionals to answer some key questions about their current state of customer analytics:
- What is the level of importance given to customer analytics in your organization?
- Have you clearly defined where you will use the output of customer analytics?
- How is your analytics team structured and supported?
- How do you manage and process your customer data?
- Do you have clear line of sight between analytics efforts and business outcomes?
- What is the process of sharing insights from analytics projects?
- What type of technology do you need to produce, consume and activate analytics?
To help you understand where you are in your customer analytics journey, Forrester has developed a self-assessment tool to score analytics capabilities across six dimensions: strategy, organization, data, technology, process, and analytics and measurement. The results of the assessment will outline your analytics persona and determine whether you are an analytics rookie, a dabbler, a pro or a guru. Our latest report “It’s Time To Raise The Bar With Analytics”, which is a part of the Customer Analytics playbook, provides an interactive tool to determine your analytics persona and describes the characteristics of each persona in detail.
I encourage customer insights (CI) professionals to take the assessment and get a grasp of analytics strengths and weaknesses and more importantly identify opportunities for future investments. Look forward to discussing your results!