Today, we released the “The Forrester Wave™: Multicloud Managed Services Providers, Q4 2020.” We looked at the top 11 vendors — Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, HCL Technologies, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, Rackspace Technology, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and Wipro — in the market and evaluated them across 24 criteria. As workloads migrate to the cloud, managed services providers are stepping up to help provide the care and feeding. Infrastructure and operations (I&O) professionals understand traditional infrastructure services well, but the dynamics of managed services provisioning in the cloud environment are quite different. Services are evolving quickly and span everything from applications to infrastructure. Companies are seeking partners that can help them evolve as they embrace this technology platform at a time when the ability to adapt with speed is of the utmost importance. This necessitates full capabilities, from advisory through operations. Suppliers best able to address enterprise requirements offer a broad range of capabilities, all the way from advisory through operations.
There are five Leaders in today’s market: Deloitte, Accenture, Rackspace Technology, Infosys, and Capgemini. We found that Leaders differentiate themselves by having the ability to:
- Help enterprises throughout their cloud journeys, from conception through operations
- Demonstrate the proven ability to invest in capability expansion
- Earn qualifications and partnerships with major cloud service providers
With the importance of establishing an effective cloud operations strategy at an all-time high, now is the time to consider obtaining the assistance in the form of multicloud managed services providers (MMSP). If you want to benchmark your current MMSP against the current industry-leading suppliers, or are looking for a new partner, this Forrester Wave is the best starting point. Many of these players are executing on the key new trends in the cloud managed services market — outlined in our “Embrace These Five Sourcing Trends For Managed Services And Cloud In 2020” report.
If you would like to learn more about this space, I recommend the following resources:
- Download the Forrester Wave spreadsheet in the report to customize the results for you.
- Read the “Now Tech: Multicloud Managed Service Providers, Q4 2020” report, which includes many other vendors not in the official Forrester Wave report.
- Schedule an inquiry with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.