What if your CMO said that you could hire 500 new frontline marketers for your B2B organization? What would you be able to accomplish with such an infusion of resources? Maybe you should ask ChatGPT. When I asked, my prompts retuned a list of grand initiatives ranging from generating a significant number of new leads to producing a high volume of diverse and engaging content to organizing and managing a lot of large-scale events.
But what if you employed more generative AI instead of more frontline marketers? Can it replace human efforts? If so, which ones and why?
Since frontline marketers tend to be focused on the last-mile execution of marketing programs, it’s true that generative AI and other emerging technologies are capable of replacing many of the tasks that those marketers are doing today. Take the following as just a few examples:
- Content creation. AI-powered tools can assist in generating blog posts, social media updates, emails, and videos and can even suggest topics and write copy based on trends and user preferences.
- Lead generation. AI algorithms can analyze data to identify potential leads, segment audiences, and predict which prospects are more likely to convert.
- Customer engagement. AI-driven chatbots can provide instant responses to customer queries, enhancing engagement and providing valuable information 24 hours a day.
- Localization. AI can aid in adapting content and messaging to different languages and cultural contexts.
- Personalization. AI can analyze customer data to personalize marketing campaigns, tailoring content and recommendations based on individual preferences and behaviors.
It’s exciting to think about the potential of generative AI for frontline marketing use cases, even if it means replacing some human tasks entirely with technology. Frontline marketers will need new skills and expertise to leverage generative AI. And frontline marketing leaders will need to be more strategic about deploying an optimal mix of humans and emerging technology.
Starting this week, I will be researching, surveying, blogging, and writing about the impact of AI on frontline marketing, sales and frontline marketing alignment, lifecycle revenue marketing, and customer-obsessed growth engines. Subscribe to my blog here if you want to be notified when new research and blog posts are available.
Footnote: Generative AI was used to augment the creation of this blog post. Let me know what you think about that on social media or the next time we talk.