Today, Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) honored 12 Forrester Groundswell Award winners for excellence in effective use of social technologies to advance an organizational or business goal. The winners were announced at the Forrester Consumer Forum in Chicago. The fifth annual Forrester Groundswell Awards support and recognize the principles outlined in the Forrester books Groundswell: Winning In A World Transformed By Social Technologies (Harvard Business Press, 2008) and Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, Transform Your Business (Harvard Business Press, 2010).
“In the past five years, corporate use of social technologies has gone from daring and unusual to pervasive and effective,” said Josh Bernoff, senior vice president, idea development at Forrester Research and co-author of Groundswell and Empowered. “In the most mature organizations, social applications are woven into the fabric of marketing, management, support, and product development. These winners reflect the sophisticated applications that companies like that can create.”This year, there were more than 200 Forrester Groundswell Award entries. The awards presented today represent the top entries in the Business-to-Consumer (B2C) North America and Business-to-Business (B2B) divisions. Winners in the Management category were announced last month at Forrester’s Content & Collaboration Forum, and winners in the B2C International division will be announced next month at Forrester’s Marketing & Strategy Forum EMEA. In all, 22 Forrester Groundswell Award winners will be honored this year.
Winners in the B2B and B2C divisions were chosen across eight categories — Listening, Talking, Energizing, Spreading, Supporting, Embracing, Social Impact, and Mobile Application. These categories represent the strategic goals that Forrester advises organizations to consider when using social technologies to interact with their customers. A detailed overview of each winning entry, along with the finalists in each category, is available on the Empowered website.
Here are the winners of the 2011 Forrester Groundswell Awards:
Business-To-Consumer (B2C) North America Division:
- Listening: The Dell Listening and Command Center by Dell
- Talking: Building a Connected Brand by Ally Bank and iCrossing
- Energizing: RadioShack’s 2010 Holiday Campaign by imc2
- Supporting: Get Satisfaction Social Business Platform by Mint.com
- Embracing: Co-Creation Invigorates Hair Care by Alberto Culver and Communispace
- Social Impact: Love a Local Business by Intuit
- Mobile Application: Relationships + Rentals by Redbox and Signal
Business-To-Business (B2B) Division:
- Talking: Spreading the Word of the 2011 IBM Impact Conference by IBM
- Energizing: Trade Secrets: Energizing SMB Influencers by Zócalo Group and Dell
- Spreading: National Facebook Program to Help Salons Market by L’Oréal USA Professional Products Division
- Supporting: Cisco Support Community by Cisco
- Embracing: Ultimate Software: Ideas Community by Ultimate Software
Forrester’s Consumer Forum 2011
More than 800 people attended the Forrester Consumer Forum in Chicago, which provided practical advice about how brands can deliver innovative multi-touchpoint product experiences in what Forrester has called “The Age Of The Customer.” The Forum served Marketing & Strategy executives in a variety of professional roles with track sessions for Consumer Product Strategy Professionals, Customer Intelligence Professionals, eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals, Interactive Marketing Professionals, and Market Insights Professionals.