Learn how the Forrester Customer Lifecycle Framework helps B2B and B2C business leaders — enterprisewide! — calibrate what are too often internally focused processes instead of the customer’s process and perspective in order to become more customer-obsessed.
Understanding how today's buyers gather information and being ready to educate and engage with them, wherever they are, is more important than ever.
Portfolio marketing teams can play a key role in annual planning efforts by analyzing new markets and new buyers for growth opportunities.
- Persona building historically relies on traditional methods and manual data gathering
- Personas often lack the robust data that makes them valuable to the rest of the organization
- Portfolio marketers can leverage advanced data-gathering techniques to support persona development
- Content alignment and use is an ongoing challenge in B2B marketing
- Portfolio marketing and content teams often work in silos, which exacerbates the problem
- Effective collaboration requires an understanding of what each team brings to the table, and a willing handshake through key milestones
- B2B personas should focus on job roles more than demographics
- Balance creativity, accessibility and functionality when documenting personas
- Don’t be afraid to get emotional, as long as it applies to business decision-making
- Organizations that follow an audience-centric go-to-market approach experience many benefits, including better engagement and response rates and ultimately increased revenue
- Identifying and understanding target audiences and developing buyer personas are key first steps
- Transforming an organization to audience-centricity requires alignment across product, marketing and sales teams
- B2B buying decisions are generally made by groups of buyers
- When creating messaging, B2B marketers need to address each member of the buying group for best results
- Understanding each person in the buying group and prioritizing his or her role in the decision process provides a roadmap to accomplish the task