Nail Your Digital Experience: Get Your Mobile Strategy In Line
Is Mobile Still A Thing? Where Is Mobile Headed In 2021 And Beyond?
Mobile is everywhere. We use it to send texts to friends, send emails to colleagues, tune in to watch our favorite sports teams, and much more. Yet many brands are still wondering, “What is the future of mobile?” Backed by Forrester’s extensive research on mobile and digital experience, I will answer these questions during my upcoming webinar, Mobile Happenings 2021: Where To Focus; What To Forget and explain why a mobile strategy is the key ingredient to your digital experience success.
As digital experiences evolve, the number of channels, platforms, connected devices, and interfaces are growing with it. To continually improve and refine your digital experience strategy, you need to anticipate your customers’ needs and, more importantly, act on that information. Forrester has found that most brands fail to service their customers in their moments of need. The bottom line: To remain competitive today, you need a strong mobile strategy to win, serve, and retain customers.
So, What Does A Good Mobile Strategy Look Like?
Your customer experience, user experience, and development and digital experience professionals must work together. So, book your team, and tune into my webinar together. I’ll outline where to focus (and what not to do) when it comes to your mobile strategy. You’ll leave with a clear path that will help you harmonize your mobile strategy and digital experience strategy to meet your customers at their moment of need. Here’s a sneak peek at my findings:
Where to focus:
- Mobile is a thing and will be for a long time.
- How and where you implement mobile services is just as important as what you choose to offer customers.
- Sophisticated firms are building mobile strategies — not mobile app strategies.
- If you fail with notifications today, you will fail with mobile experiences in the future.
- Smart firms will shift their focus from self-service to no service by anticipating the needs of their customers and serving them proactively.
What not to do as you build your mobile strategy:
- Build “kitchen sink” mobile experiences.
- Ignore orchestrating messaging across outbound communication channels.
- Reinforce siloed organizations that fail to respect cross-functional expertise.
- Implement and then report the wrong metrics — they confuse strategies.
- Start the conversation with technology rather than starting with people, objectives, and strategy.
Much of my presentation will draw from Forrester’s research on digital experience and mobile strategy, including Forrester’s research on mobile notifications, customer experience and customer moments, and mobile apps. I will also highlight findings from Forrester’s Digital Experience Executive Conversations series, which stemmed from my conversations with dozens of digital business and experience executives across numerous industries and geographies.
Curious to hear more? Register for the webinar here, then tune in on July 13, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EST. Even better — after my 45 minutes, ask me your nagging question about mobile during our 10 to 15 minutes of dedicated Q&A time at the end of the session. After all, mobile is everywhere, and everyone must be on board. I hope to “see” you all there!
Cowritten with Research Associate Kara Wilson.