Now Live: Strategic Technology Selection Guide for DAM & Digital Asset Management Systems Landscape, Q4 2023
With enterprises migrating to digital business models, there is immense demand on your content teams to produce highly dynamic, engaging, and interactive content while strictly managing spend. Your teams are creating content at a rapid pace to keep up with changing consumer demands and demographics, but it is hard for them to collaborate and efficiently manage rich-media assets globally. Each new business initiative turns into a new creative-agency scope of work to shoot and develop new rich-media assets. And to add a layer of complexity, finding and retaining creative talent in today’s labor market is not an easy task. Aspects of this situation are all too familiar for organizations across the world today.
In the report Reduce Technical Debt By Understanding DAM Capabilities Before RFP, we help leaders assess one of the most foundational systems in their digital experience architecture to better manage spend and increase time to market with personalized digital experiences for your customers at the same time: your digital asset management system (DAM).
The DAM Landscape and Impact In 2023
In Forrester’s evaluation of the vendor landscape, we validate that DAM category solutions are increasing sales volume and reducing the cost of goods sold (COGS). They now also support 3D models, large video files and brand portals. The Digital Asset Management Systems Landscape, Q4 2023 confirms the following important business drivers for a stand-alone DAM:
Both capabilities and emerging features of a DAM solution should be thoroughly understood and analyzed to increase content and technology teams’ efficiency. Reduce your technical debt and impact your marketing and technology spend in 2023.
- Reduce your creative agency spend. Reuse more of your digital assets before creating net-new ones. Tag, edit, manipulate, and personalize your digital experiences quickly with a whole host of new features such as AI-based tagging and data on asset consumption.
- Reduce your content team’s load and attrition. Emerging features allow teams to embed DAM capabilities into adjacent systems, making it easier for your teams to collaborate. Customized user interfaces now also help your content teams do their jobs better and faster — reducing the load on marketing, brand, and content teams.
- Balance infrastructure costs with a global business. Modern DAM category solutions enable organizations to plan, produce, and deliver rich media globally and across digital touchpoints by transforming assets. As software-as-a-service-based solutions, they are also highly performant to meet the needs of your demanding consumers while reducing your fees in on-premises infrastructure or content delivery networks.
Strategically Align Technology to Value Before Evaluating the Landscape
Strategic technology selection guides focus on moving your business towards a value-aligned tech stack through five foundational principles: 1) building the right business case through a holistic review and selection of business value drivers; 2) understanding the available technology capabilities and emerging features of solutions in market; 3) understanding the differences in category vs. embedded solutions; 4) conducting a value-based capability gap analysis; and 5) developing a plan to facilitate key activities before moving forward a formal request for proposal or project kickoff.
The Landscape report helps our clients understand, identify, and short list the vendors that align with their most critical business technology issues. A Landscape features a market’s definition, value proposition, top use cases, and top vendors.
Forrester clients can read:
- Reduce Technical Debt by Understanding DAM Capabilities Before RFP to understand how to strategically select a DAM solution.
- The Digital Asset Management Systems Landscape, Q4 2023 to understand Forrester’s evaluation of 34 DAM vendors and the major trends shaping the CMS market landscape.
As you embark on evaluating new DAM capabilities, emerging features and reviewing the landscape of vendors, schedule an inquiry with me to talk about how to strategically derive business value from a DAM.