For the past five years, Forrester’s retail team has released a blog series offering advice and insights across research teams to help our retail clients gear up for the holiday season. We kicked off the 2023 series earlier this month but wanted to highlight some ghosts of holiday insights past that still remain relevant today. Jump-start your holiday planning this year by revisiting some of our favorite blog posts here:
Design And User Experience
- Adopt Inclusive Design Practices That Put Users First This Holiday Season. Incorporate inclusive design by prioritizing digital accessibility, using inclusive language, and showing that you care.
- Design Do’s And Don’ts For Retailers This Holiday Season. Improve your websites and boost customer experience by applying these UX best practices.
- Gluttonous Persuasion: The Christmas Dinner Problem Of Retail. Avoid veering from persuasion into coercive and deceptive design on your websites and apps this holiday season.
Digital, Fulfillment, And Customer Service
- Enable Site Features That Make Shopping Easy This Holiday Season. Ensure that your websites are set up for success with these best practices.
- Use Your OMS To Deliver On Customer Expectations This Holiday Season And Into 2023. Use your OMS to meet customers’ high expectations around shipping and fulfillment.
- ’Tis The Season To Be Messaging. Learn how to use messaging to support customers through the holidays and beyond.
- Retailers: Give The Gift Of Personalization Through Omnichannel This Holiday Season. Use personalization through omnichannel to drive value-driven product recommendations.
Marketing And Media
- This Holiday Season, Turn Impressions Into Intent. Turn to retail media to generate and harvest demand while expanding sell-through this holiday season.
- Prepare For 2023: Sharpen Your Loyalty Data Collection This Holiday Season. Use your loyalty program to collect consumer data and boost B2C sales.
- Play The Long Game With Email Marketing This Holiday Season. Think and plan long-term to do right with email marketing this holiday season.
Security And Risk
- Turn Away The Bots, Not Your Customers. Minimize customer frustration, reduce transaction abandonment, and increase customer feelings of safety with your bot management solution.
- Ransomware Affects The Entire Retail Supply Chain This Holiday Season. Protect against ransomware attacks this holiday season with advice from our security and risk team.
- Retailers: Stop The Bots From Further Wreaking Havoc With Your Supply Chain. Manage supply chain risks, raise bot defenses, and prioritize customers this holiday season.
To uncover more insights from years past, view our full collection of blog posts here and check out our full report recapping 2023 here. Stay tuned for more holiday insights in the coming weeks, and please get in touch if you have any questions.