Channel organizations are at a pivotal moment. As partner networks have grown more complex, a more holistic, ecosystem-oriented approach is needed.
A focus on enhancing partner experience and generating customer value are key to channel marketing success in the year ahead.
Understanding partner and buyer needs is paramount during 2021 planning. The current market disruption will have an ongoing impact on the channel, and channel marketers must cultivate acceptance and empathy toward partners and their buyers during these challenging times.
- In the future of B2B buying, there is a new set of buyer expectations that organizations must contend with
- Direct and indirect buying processes will transform from seller led to buyer led
- B2B channel marketing leaders must anticipate and plan for buyers’ evolving expectations
- Top CMO priorities include enhancing partner/channel marketing capabilities
- CMOs’ number one challenge is developing programs that drive (channel) demand
- B2B suppliers continue to struggle with partner adoption and execution of channel demand programs
- B2B organizations often struggle to establish partner programs that can support their channel strategy and growth objectives
- Many partner programs have not been transformed or adapted to address new and expanded routes to market, or to consolidate/simplify disjointed programs
- Suppliers must modernize their partner programs to incorporate value measures, specializations and competencies
- Continued changes in channel strategies and new trends and related best practices have inspired this recently evolved model – the Channel Operating Model
- The new model represents the key processes and activities to support partners and establish channel excellence
- Alignment between channel sales, channel marketing and channel operations remains a critical focus
- SiriusDecisions Summit 2016 featured eight great channel presentations in one exciting week
- Topics included ABM, CX, Incentives, Channel Program Model, Channel Programs of the Year and more
- Another great year for the channel at SD Summit 2016 – new models, frameworks and tools designed for channel success
“If you build it, they will come.” This line was made famous in the film Field of Dreams, which tells the story of an Iowa corn farmer who builds a baseball diamond in his fields. Near the end of the film, countless cars can be seen approaching the field, fulfilling an earlier prophecy: “People will […]