Adding A Product-Led Growth Strategy To A Traditional B2B Organization
As the benefits of a product-led growth strategy become clear, many B2B organizations that have long leveraged traditional sales motions are seeking to integrate this strategy. While the traditional B2B approach relies on the sales team to move customers through their buying journey, product-led growth focuses on the product as the primary driver. Benefits Of […]
Empowerment Is Critical For Digital Product Management Success
We’ve heard about the importance of empowering employees. Studies have shown a link between employee empowerment and engagement. Furthermore, when employers give employees the responsibility to lead and make decisions, employees become highly motivated, creative, and productive. Empowerment is critical for organizations developing successful digital offerings, as markets have become more dynamic, barriers to entry […]
The Case For The Curious Product Manager
Curiosity is key to understanding a customer’s business and what drives them — and it will help you unlock unidentified opportunities to create new value in the future.
The Keys To Effective Digital Product Management
If you’re in product management, your skills are needed today! According to Glassdoor, the number of product manager job openings has increased 135% over the past five years, with up to 17,000 available job openings on the site today. Product management has appeared consistently in Glassdoor’s top 10 list of job roles since 2018, scoring […]
Product Management Spending Recommendations, 2023
Learn where to expand investment, where to hold back, and where to get creative with your product management strategy in 2023.
Being A Great Product Leader: The Keys To Supporting And Nurturing Your Product Team
Learn three best practices for putting the product management ecosystem into action in this B2B Summit North America session preview.
Product Management Leaders Should Make 2022 The Year Of Customer Value
There will be KPIs to achieve and roadmap goals to hit, but customer-centric approaches will be critical to product management leaders' success.
Too Cool For School? Try These Four Tips For Effective Product Manager Upskilling
Many of the product management leaders we speak to say improving their team’s competencies is a key priority. Learn the training approaches that can yield the best results.
Product Management Leadership For This New Era
Discover three key ways product leaders can use customer input and feedback to drive growth in the coming year.
Four Ways Product Management Can Be Prepared for the Next Stage of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Product management leaders will need to lead planning for future offering investment in this environment of uncertainty
- With many unknowns regarding the easing of social restrictions, government assistance, and new measures to control future outbreaks, customer needs and business opportunities are continually in flux
- Four actions can help product leaders ensure investments are addressing current and impending needs
Five Pricing and Packaging Steps for Selling in the Age of Pandemic
- Customers still must solve many standard problems in age of the COVID-19 pandemic, but also face new complexities such as economic uncertainty and a remote workforce
- Organizations must update their offerings’ packaging and pricing to address new needs that have surfaced as a result of the virus and to help lower costs for buyers and sellers
- Organizations must consider more flexibility around their products and packaging offerings that can help those who feel the most impact from COVID-19
Should You Make Your Prices Public on Your Website?
- B2B customers are increasingly expecting consumer-like experiences, such as immediate access to a product’s pricing clearly stated on an organization’s website
- There is a strong argument for publishing prices, as such transparency can often accelerate the sales process and increase sales productivity
- Organizations should consider six elements when determining whether or not to publish prices
Strategies Product Management Leaders Use to Drive Success
- Product management leaders often ask what actions they can take to promote high-performance in their product management functions
- Among other goals, product management leaders are seeking to drive greater product success by achieving revenue goals
- SiriusDecisions has identified key actions most correlated with the achievement of product success
How to Develop Your Value-Based Pricing Strategy
- Due to its potential to maximize revenue and profit, value-based pricing has become an increasingly popular pricing approach
- However, organizations often are confused about what to consider when developing a value-based pricing strategy
- There are five key elements to consider when seeking product, marketing and sales alignment on the value-based pricing strategy for an offering
Six Changes Product Managers Must Consider When Pricing a SaaS Product
- Many B2B software offerings are evolving from on-premises to software as a service (SaaS), enabling the low cost of entry, upgradability and scalability that buyers seek
- The increased importance of customer retention and lifetime value in a subscription model means pricing and packaging must be more value focused and responsive than ever
- With these metrics in mind, suppliers moving from an on-premises to a SaaS offering should consider six areas when pricing and packaging the product
Value-Based Pricing: What Is It? What Are the Benefits? How Do I Get Started?
- According to SiriusDecisions Command Center® data, most B2B organizations continue to use cost-plus or competitive pricing for their offerings
- There is still some confusion about what value-based pricing is, what it involves and its potential benefits – leading to some reticence from product managers
- Organizations that identify opportunities to implement value-based pricing can increase the potential for revenue and profit growth, and gain valuable insights into how they can drive more buyer value in the future
Three Ways to Kick-Start Your Product Sunsetting Engine
- High-performing organizations are significantly more diligent than their competitors about retiring products
- Organizations that fail to rationalize their portfolio often have less satisfied customers and can show slower growth
- Developing a consistent approach to product lifecycle decisionmaking and retirement planning allows for decreased risk and increased customer satisfaction
Don’t Wait Until Product Launch to Price Your Product!
- Many B2B product managers don’t price their products until right before launch
- SiriusDecisions’ research shows that considering product price early in development more often leads to higher-value products
- Soliciting buyer input into the price metric and price levels helps product managers build a more realistic business case
What “The Boss” Has Taught Me About Product Investment Decisionmaking
- Organizations should consider very specific criteria when deciding among product investment choices
- Leadership teams often struggle to develop criteria for assessing and comparing new product investment and upgrade opportunities
- Here are some suggestions to get started, based on the SiriusDecisions Offering Investment Scorecard
Moving to a SaaS Business Model: What to Expect, Where to Focus
- Moving from an on-premise model to a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering is increasingly common among software companies
- Product management leaders must consider several additional challenges when planning the move to a SaaS business
- Opt for a value metric that ensures your business will grow as the client grows and becomes more successful