Direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands are fueling disruption by radically reorienting consumer expectations. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, brands of all kinds are looking to shore up their own DTC efforts as more consumers seek authentic and engaging brand relationships in increasingly digital spaces. As they craft their own brand’s DTC journey, B2C marketers and commerce leaders must understand how DTC brands have succeeded in reimagining relationships, driving massive customer acquisition, and pushing the boundaries of convenience, quality, and trust.
Brand leaders: We’ve created a collection of our DTC-focused research to help you learn more about these disruptor brands, deconstruct their highly successful customer acquisition strategies, and identify the tactics that you should be experimenting with to grow your customer relationships — and your brand.
Transforming Consumer Expectations
DTC disruptors stormed onto the scene with novel approaches to the traditional purchase levers of convenience, quality, and trust. As a result, consumer expectations have shifted considerably, forcing legacy brands to adapt.
- Changing Expectations Fuel Direct-To-Consumer Disruption (Time to read: 20 minutes)
- To Adapt To Direct-To-Consumer Trends, Use A Direct-To-Value Strategy (Time to read: 18 minutes)
- The Enigma Of The New Norm: Direct-To-Consumer Disruption (Time to read: 10 minutes)
- Webinar: Brands And DTC: What Are Brands Doing To Cultivate A Direct-To-Consumer Relationship? (Time to watch: 35 minutes)
- Webinar: DTC Reimagines Marketing (Time to watch: 16 minutes)
- Healthcare And Pharma Marketers: Learn From DTCs Going Direct-To-Value (Time to read: 8 minutes)
Mastering Customer Acquisition
DTC disruptors are growth engines whose success depends on mastering the art of customer acquisition. These brands have succeeded in flipping conventional media strategies, simplifying trials and subscriptions, and embedding social proof into multiple parts of the purchase experience.
- Lessons In Customer Acquisition: Learn From DTC Disruptors’ Awareness Strategies (Time to read: 18 minutes)
- Lessons In Customer Acquisition: Learn From DTC Disruptors’ Consideration Strategies (Time to read: 12 minutes)
- Lessons In Customer Acquisition: DTC Disruptors’ Drive-To-Purchase Strategies (Time to read: 7 minutes)
Not a Forrester client? Visit our resources for building a customer obsession strategy.