Low Measurement Maturity Remains A Challenge For CX Leaders
How effective are customer experience (CX) measurement programs? To answer this question, we fielded our 2022 State Of VoC And CX Measurement Practices Survey among CX professionals responsible for measurement or voice of the customer (VoC) at their organization.
You will find the detailed results in our report, The State Of CX Measurement Practices, 2022 (behind client paywall), but below, we’ve summarized the key points. And if you want more details about this data and what to do about it, come to my session at our Forrester CX events: CX EMEA in London on May 10–11 and CX APAC in Sydney on May 25–26.
CX Measurement Is Not Effective Enough At Three Key Tasks: Track, Embed, And Prove Value
Overall, CX measurement efforts have room for improvement: Nearly half of respondents rate the maturity of their VoC/CX measurement program as low or very low. We asked respondents questions to find out how effectively they perform three tasks of effective CX measurement programs.
Track CX: Gaps In Metrics
- Executives focus on Net Promoter Score℠ (NPS) — nearly three-quarters of CX pros say that their top-level executives use NPS to gauge CX success overall.
- Only 56% of respondents say that their organization measures the experience of customer journeys (compared to 81% and 83% who measure CX at a relationship or touchpoint level, respectively).
- CX teams still depend on surveys to measure CX but can’t guarantee data quality.
Embed Metrics In Decisions: Programs Aren’t Driving Action
- CX teams believe that stakeholders in their organization consider the program as vital, but fewer than six of 10 CX pros say that their organization can meaningfully act on the data, and only two in five think that stakeholders are confident in the CX metrics.
- CX teams are ineffective at practices that empower stakeholders and hold them accountable: Less than half can identify employee behaviors that contribute to improved CX performance, and just about half of CX pros say that they set targets for CX metrics.
Prove Value: Programs Can’t Prove The Business Impact Of CX
- A top challenge for CX pros is the difficulty in linking CX metrics to business metrics.
- Less than half of CX pros say that they can prove the business impact of changes in CX.
Find Out More In Our Research, Or Join Me At Our Upcoming CX Forums
Find the detailed results in our report, The State Of CX Measurement Practices, 2022 (behind client paywall). If you want to learn more about this data and what to do about it, come to my session at our Forrester CX events: CX EMEA in London on May 10–11 and CX APAC in Sydney on May 25–26.