I am happy to announce that I have completed my series of reports about the technical architect, including the expectations for this role, how to help technical architects succeed, and the trends that impact them:
- Evolve Your Technical Architects For Modern IT
- First 90 Days: Technical Architect
- Role Profile: Technical Architect
Although the initial research is done, I would love feedback to see what you have found relevant and to keep these reports up to date and useful for all.
I am also starting on new research covering modern technology operations (MTO), platform architecture, enterprise asset management (EAM), and technical debt. I will be reaching out to the community to learn more about the challenges that organizations are facing. If you would like to participate in our research in any or all of these areas, feel free to reach out to me or my senior research associate, Kate Vella.
Part of my mission as a Forrester analyst is to help organizations address their issues. To accomplish this, I will be creating tools targeting my coverage area based on client requests and feedback. Look at the tools below to see what is in store:
- Technical Debt Modernization And Migration Scenario Tool, to visually characterize the technical debt an organization will create with each choice that it makes
- The Forrester Data Center Selection Tool, to visually identify optimal locations for data center (on-premises, colocation, and/or cloud)
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or requests, do not hesitate to reach out to me!