- Many companies mistakenly equate advanced digital capabilities with advanced digital tools
- Advanced digital capabilities are about the coordination of planning, executing and reporting of digital and non-digital activities
- Breaking down digital silos is the best way to be digitally advanced
- Next week, the eclectic city of Austin will host SiriusDecisions’ second annual Technology Exchange
- SiriusDecisions’ Austin-based employees list their must-see attractions while you’re at TechX
- Here are 12 things you can do to experience the embodiment of the slogan “Keep Austin Weird”
- Widespread knowledge of augmented reality exploded this summer with the launch of Pokémon GO
- B2B marketers need to understand the potential uses of augmented reality and be familiar with the platforms and capabilities
- To compete in the current market, plan to experiment with a pilot in 2017
- After many years of experience, it might seem like there’s nothing new in demand creation – but that couldn’t be farther from the truth
- High-growth companies are always looking for better or more effective ways to work
- Leading demand marketers are thinking about learning databases, agile programs, programmatic ad buying and privacy
- Building a best in class marketing function starts with understanding the company’s growth objectives and initiatives
- Functional workflow needs to be determined before names are put in boxes
- High individual job satisfaction is a requirement for sustainable best in class marketing
- At SiriusDecisions Summit 2016, we will introduce the SiriusDecisions Disruption Radar ™
- Companies need a simple, yet highly effective way to analyze and capitalize on major disruptive trends
- Disruptions are generally do not occur instantaneously but in recognizable stages – and they can be anticipated
- A healthy demand creation function balances the engine, the fuel (programs) and the delivery mechanisms
- Demand creation leaders should consider the balance of resources and their alignment of resources against objectives
- Demand creation programs must be built for discrete objectives and use a mix of inbound and outbound tactics
SiriusDecisions analyst, Monica Behncke, follows up previous post with an additional five tips on how Sirius clients can maximize the ROI of their relationship, based on her experiences as both a client and an analyst.
SiriusDecisions’ Monica Benhncke explains that she was a Sirius client for about three years, with a goal to maximize ROI on marketing spend, before she came on board as an analyst. Now as an analyst, she realized there was even more value available that she could have leveraged from her Sirius relationship, and she shares tip on how other can.
Content sequencing (providing specific, sequential offers to a target audience based on its last behavior or response) has historically been in the exclusive domain of outbound marketing – typically in the form of e-mails. That is, until OneSpot, a vendor from Austin, Texas, recently briefed us on its new offering, which brings content sequencing to inbound marketing.
One of the fundamental challenges of the marketing/IT relationship is the contrast between the overall mission and motivation of these two functions. Developing a marketing/IT alliance requires willingness and hard work, but it can create an enormous competitive edge that will pay dividends to the company and elevate both functions.